Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Vancouver Island Wood?

On May 5, 10:53 pm, robo hippy wrote:
I'm not positive, but I don't think they have anything that you can't
get here in Oregon, mainly alder, madrone, big leaf maple, and some
myrtle.

Surely Reed, they have this :-))) (see below), and you can't get that
in Oregon.

http://www.roadsideattractions.ca/burl.htm

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

robo hippy

On May 5, 3:21 pm, "Tom Storey" wrote:

I picked up some wood here a few years ago. Might be worth a try

http://www.pjwhitehardwoods.com/

Tom

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message

news:050520071050226640%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalders tone.ca...

In article , Bob Ivey
wrote:

Next week I will be in Victoria and I am wondering if there are any
interesting wood sources in the area.

I don't know Victoria well, but arbutus is one of the woods found in
the area. This ad
http://victoria.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...0QQAdIdZ125251
57 is for arbutus firewood, so you may be able to get some interesting
pieces...

--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0