Posted to alt.home.repair
John Keith John Keith is offline

Default hose bib with anti-siphon leaks

On Sat, 5 May 2007 08:58:25 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"

A little dribble each time it turned on is normal, but continued leaking
is not.

This was a continual leak.

I just replace the valve as they are usually cheap to start with and I
use a better quality one and I have not had any of my replacements fail.

This is on a freezeproof faucet and the connection to the inside
plumbing is deep inside finished space so replacement was last on the
list of alternatives.

Te bib was a Woolford model 17 and a repair kit was only $2.49.
Installation took only a few minutes and everything is good now.

Thanks for the comments.

John Keith