Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mo Mo is offline

Default Vinyl flooring - how to install

Mission Accomplished.

Damn, my hands and knees are absolutley knackered- couldn;t even feel my
knees at one point from constantly being bent down..

Overall I am pretty happy with the job I did. I reckon I spent £25 on
materials to fit it - so I probably saved around £30+ on not getting a
fitter in.

I found it very hard to accuratley cut the vinyl so it was flush with the
walls - even using a straight edge it was hard to judge exactly where to cut
it - I did bork up a coupel of areas - but I am lucky in the fact that
almost ever edge is covered by appliances, the bin or will be covered up
with skirting

I had to abandon the idea of the template as my kitchen was way too complex
to join up with paper and it woulda been a pain drawing it out as I didn't
have a totally flat surface. In the end I just bought it all into my
kitchen, centered it, and then cut it out accordingly.

Finally, I underestimaed the pain and time needed of removing all the
applicances and bits and pieces to get the room clear...still have to put
most of it back tomorrow (see my other post)!

Really proud of it, lol