Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mo Mo is offline

Default Gas cooker connection

I bought some spray from B & Q which detects gas.

It says it will create foam if there is a leak.

Odd thing is it comes out foamy anyway (but disappears after a while) - but
this coudl confuse the avg person.

I had a refillable cigarette gas tube which I used to spray some gas out and
I found the detecor actually produces a different kind of foam that stays
there for a little longer.

Sprayed my connection a few times and no foam showed up so I guess it is all
OK.

Only thing is now the boiler isn;t producing hot water or heating up the
radiators. I assume this is because the boiler was on when I switch off gas
at the mains and I spose it has drained it all out - should it be good to go
if I leave it overnight..?