Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default frozen bolt & nuts

mm wrote:
On 4 May 2007 05:24:04 -0700, Frank Thompson wrote:

Any suggestions for removing frozen nuts and bolts on exhaust manifold/
exhaust pipe
connection on old MF135 tractor?

Curious. I don't recognize the MF135. Is this a garden tractor, like
I thought, or a big farm tractor? If the latter, are the front wheels
close together or as far apart as the rear tires.

I'm trying to imagine putting a garden tractor on a lift, or how to
lift a farm tractor with close-set front wheels. ...Aren't the engine
parts accesible without a lift?

I'm guessing it's a vintage Massey-Ferguson, not sure how big, though.
Generally accessability is pretty good, although some of the old
tractors had separate frames which might make accessability marginally
difficult. Can't remember which ones - most of my tractor experience
was with really old (i.e. WWII vintage) Farmalls, which simply used the
drivetrain as the main structural member.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel