Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default where is a "diverter" located in a kitchen sink?

On Sat, 05 May 2007 10:19:41 -0400, Max wrote:

On Fri, 04 May 2007 11:49:51 -0400, mm
graced this newsgroup with:

Oh, you're the OP. I was trying to help you post well. Do you want
to get good answers for your questions, or do you want to play games
with us and ignore good form because of your feelings about software?

Ciome on, I can't believe you read *every single post* because you
"can't read the subject line*. Please, at least be remotely plausible
in your replies.

I never said I read every single post, and I don't. For a variety of
reasons, I don't see subjects. I click on a thread based on any one
word in the subject and expect to see the rest of the topic explained
in the body. I choose a thread because it's as short or as long as
I'm interested in at the moment. I read posts consecutively, until I
get bored. I read posts consecutively at the bottom, where no one has
answered.

No matter what you imagine are my habits, I know for sure that I see
quite a few posts that I can't understand, and when I bother to check,
it's usually because essential facts were in the subject line only.
But I rarely check anymore, and I just keep going.

Additionally, regardless of WHAT my subject line or content is,
you've provided no valuable input at all.

I know. Sometimes people here and on other ng's will point out that
someone didnm't provide enough facts and then they'll go on in detail
about every possibility that the poster could have said but didn't.
Like whether they have an electric or gas water heater, or oil, gas,
or electric heat. So there's no incentive for the guy to think about
his problem first and post all the facts. It doesn't even have to be
first. Some people ask, Is the stove gas or electric? and often the
guy never posts back. I'm not as good-natured in these situations as
the ones who answer in detail even without getting a clear question.

And I also notice that no one other than hallerb and I have replied,
and like I implied, I don't think his response was right because he
didn't see your subject.

Instead, you've done
nothing but try to be a net nanny.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to fish and he'll
eat forever.

Which, if you haven't noticed,
has and will have little effect on my posting habits.

I've only read one more post from you.
And I can't notice the future.