Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default flaky fluorescent light

Assuming your fixture is using 2 T-12 U bent lamps, Keystone Industries
makes an electronic ballast Cat # KTEB-240-1-TP-PIC

"goodfella" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 5, 6:49 am, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
Certainly the ballast can be bad. Be sure the pins of the FB tubes are
snapped into the sockets. Sometimes they don't make it all the way in. If
you replace the ballast, get an electronic retrofit ballast, as opposed
the standard magnetic ballast. They make them now for T12 lamps as well
as
T8, and they work so much more reliably

"goodfella" wrote in message

ups.com...

I have an "U" shaped fluorescent light in my kitchen that may or may
not come on at the first flip of the switch. If you rapidly flip the
switch several times, then it will come on and stay on. It is the
only light on the circuit. I hadn't changed a thing on the circuit, so
it shouldn't be something I did. We changed the bulb and changed the
switch but it still did the same thing. I have another fluorescent
light exactly the same next to it (two lights in the kitchen) and it
works fine. Would the ballast be bad?

Thanks

Thanks for your answer. Where can I purchase the electronic ballast
and what numbers do I look for in the replacement. I will take the
old ballast with me when I go, but I'm sure I won't find a guide that
will tell me a replacement ballast for the one I have.

Thanks again.