Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Richard Rasker Richard Rasker is offline

Default LAB Series L5 amp: RCA transistor equivalent?

Hi all,

I've got a rather old beastie here, a LAB Series L5 amplifier, apparently
capable of some 150 watts of output power, with a shorted end stage
transistor.

The transistor is an RCA type, with the following markings:

254 002C
RCA
CW 7923

The last number no doubt indicates the production year and week of the
transistor, but I can't find anything about this 254 002C type number.

Does anyone have a clue what the equivalent may be? The problem is that
there's ten of these in all, and proper repair procedure requires that I
replace them all, so "simply trying" a few likely types (such as the
MJ150XX series) isn't really a economical option.

Thanks in advance, best regards,

Richard Rasker

--
Linetec Translation and Technology Services

http://www.linetec.nl/