Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Changing house name ( OT).

On 2007-05-05 17:56:47 +0100, Graeme said:

In message , Andy Hall writes

I have to go to the post office and stand for nearly half an hour in
the pouring rain.

Ask the man behind the counter to mend the roof. (See? Nearly back on topic).

Oh the roof isn't broken.

This is a main post office in a town centre with plenty of space inside
and plenty of counters. Usually it has a queue of about 20 people,
two people serving and another 6 milling around in the background
pretending to look busy.

If I have to collect a package, I have to go to a window at the side of
the building outside, over which there is a 1m square porch. That
will keep one person dry as long as it isn't windy.

The building has a car park at the rear, but customers are not allowed
to use it. There is a hand written notice to the effect that they will
not be served if they do, or if they have the temerity to use their
mobile phone even while waiting in line. I could understand it not
being reasonable to use a phone while being served, but it isn't for RM
employees to dictate the behaviour of the customers who are paying
their wages when they haven't (yet) engaged in conversation with them
to serve them.

How any of that can be described as any level of service beggars belief.

- The staff inside should be focused on minimising queuing time for
customers. They can do their other work later

- Collection should be available inside the building

- The car park should be available for customer use. it's simple
enough to have a token barrier to prevent misuse.

If a service actually were being offered, they would be delivering the
goods and sending an invoice afterwards. Everybody else manages that.