BigWallop

Default immersion heater covering

"George" wrote in message
Hi
I noticed that our cat who used to sleep on the top shelf of the hot
press had been jumping onto the immersion heater then onto the shelf.
This has worn off a section of the hard foam covering on the boiler.

Is
there anything I can buy to patch this?

Thanks for all the tips so far everyone. I'll try the expanding foam
stuff. The local "bit's n pieces" shop sells it quite cheap.

If it doesn't work, is it possible to buy the old padded covers that used
to be around boilers?

LOL !!! Yes, you can still get them, but the expanding foam works well on
this type of thing. We use it to fill in between pipe joints and things
where we can't get the tube insulation to go.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com