Posted to alt.home.repair
jerryl jerryl is offline

Default hose bib with anti-siphon leaks

"John Keith" wrote in message
I've got a hose bib on teh side of the hosue that has a small
anit-siphon mechanism on the top of the valve. While beginning to make
use of this outlet this season I have found that water is leaking from
the anti-siphon mechanism. I'm guessing that there is some gasket that
need to be replaced but at this moment I haven't figured out how to
get inside the mechanism. The top is a plastic cap, can this be pryed
off to get access?

John Keith

Just went through this. I thought it was just the cap leaking but that was
in addition to a major leak because of a crack in the valve. The
instructions state that the hose must be disconnected from the hose bib
during cold weather to allow the water drain from the valve and prevent
freezing. When I disconnected the valve from inside the house and slid the
unit out of the wall, there was a 1 inch crack in the copper pipe portion of
the valve..