Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default fluorescent bulbs and dimmer switches?

On Tue, 1 May 2007 17:38:16 -0400, "sammy" sammy@toast wrote:

hi,

i have a ceiling fan with a light kit. we have a sliding "dimmer" switch on
the wall we use to control the light output.

it works fine with incandescent bulbs. but i have read that if i switch to
fluorscent bulbs i have to buy bulbs that are marked "dimmer", that regular
fluorescent bulbs won't work for some reason. the dimmer fluorescents are
more expensive.

is this i must have special "dimmer" fluorescents bulb business true? and if
so, why is this?

thanks,

sammy

CFL without dimmable notice, can cause fires. I was told the ballast
will overheat.

tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com