Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default Grease around Stove (Impossible to Remove)

On 1 May 2007 17:40:30 -0700, thehick wrote:

I am cleaning up a rental (you know what that means) apartment
and the grease on the walls around the stove is proving very
difficult to remove. Tried: Baking Soda, TSP, Dishwashing
Detergent, Bleach, WD40, Lysol, Spray Nine. Tomorrow I'll
try Dunk (automotive degreaser). It just isn't coming off.

I guess I could scrape it too and then sand it but that'll
make an unholy dusty mess of the kitchen. We want to
paint the whole apartment so if the paint comes off,
that's OK too. Underneath is probably plaster. Not drywall.

Any other suggestions? thanks...thehick

When I moved into my house, I found parts of my stove too greasy. I
thought nothing was working, but the truth was it was working, greenie
with tough detergent. Just that it was removing layers of grease, but
there was many, many layers of grease. After a while I won.

tom @ www.MeetANewFriend.com