Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Larry is offline

Default 65 gal propane tank: How full?

Dan wrote:
: I recently bought a house that has a 65 gallon LPG tank for the stove
: & outdoor grill. I'm trying to determine how full it is. It has a
: pressure guage that shows about 18 PSI at the moment. Given that the
: guage goes up to around 100 psi, I'm guessing this ain't toooo full.
: Am I right, or can you tell from the pressure reading?
:
: TIA
:
: Dan

Pour a kettle of boiling water down one side. You will be able to feel
where the level of liquid is by where the temperature gets cool. The
empty top will be warmer than where the LPG level is. Sometimes
condensation will form on the cool part if it is humid.

Larry