Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Only sort of OT

On Fri, 04 May 2007 02:02:54 GMT, "CW" wrote:

The Sears molding head, as of a few years ago, was a quality piece. I have
no reason to believe they are any different now. These things work just fine
as long as you understand what you are doing. Feed rate and rigidity are
everything. Approach it as a machinist, not a wood hack and it will work
fine.

If I do go this route, I am thinking that I will install a pair of
rollers with a set of anti-kickback fingers over the work, and try it
that way. That should provide the rigidity, at least. Maybe if I
get it and like it, I'll look into a smallish power feed to get the
consistant feed rate- While I can probably do fine manually, I know
Grizzly sells a number of them for reasonable prices, and it'd be
handy for dadoing as well.