Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Another question about Saw Stop

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message

So ... my question is ... has anyone seen or heard of problems with the
Saw Stop when dealing with "wet wood"? Of course, it isn't a great idea
to be sawing wet wood (really wet wood) anyway.

But many woods do have moisture, particularly the crap we buy these days
at the BORGs.

So I was just wondering just how sensitive these machines are. Having it
be overly sensitive isn't a bad thing when you consider the cost of losing
a finger. But if a little moisture stops the saw - and destroys a nice
$150 blade - it could be quite annoying.

There is a bypass for wet wood. How wet is wet? Why not ask the folks at
Saw Stop as they would know better than any of us here.