Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default trunnion trouble, or, why can't I adjust my tablesaw?

__ Bob __ wrote:
Stoutman wrote:

Feeler gauge?? Won't the feeler gauge flex the blade over as you
slip it between?

Not if you learn how to use one .. .. .. a rare skill in this day of
digital-mania !! The skill of "feeling" the drag on a feeler gauge is
the secret to it's use. BTW, that's how the "feeler gauge" got it's
name .. .. .. you FEEL the drag.

Same sense of touch is used with a micrometer ... even if you have a
ratchet or friction thimble. I always adjusted mine for a light sense of
touch, not full-on with the thimble.

Bill

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000738-2, 05/04/2007
Tested on: 5/4/2007 10:33:28 PM