Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default trunnion trouble, or, why can't I adjust my tablesaw?

Stoutman wrote:

If you really serious about getting your table saw aligned. Give this a
try:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/TS_aligner.htm

Disclaimer: No affiliation. Just a satisfied customer.

If he's actually 1/4" out, he should be able to eyeball it. Extending
the blade on a try-square and dropping its frame into the miter slot
will get him even closer.

Once he gets it -that- close, he can start casting about for a way to
bring it on home. But if he can't get it straight by eye, then he's got
more problems than a TS-Aligner can help him with.

I think you know that I'm all in favor of using indicators when
appropriate. But until he can get it as close as the try-square --or
even the screw on a stick-- will allow, he isn't ready for an indicator.

Bill

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000738-2, 05/04/2007
Tested on: 5/4/2007 10:27:57 PM