Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom B Tom B is offline

Default 4.5 HP Needs a 30 Amp Breaker?

Leon:

Thanks. Good idea but our drier is in the house, 80' from the
gara-shop.

In any case, I put in a new breaker this evening, so all is well - no
damage, no sparks, got volts. TS runs fine on it and I'll use the same
outlet for the BS when it arrives. One at a time of course. Only one
of me so having both saws going at once makes zero sense. Dust
collector is on a separate 220 circuit.

Reagrds.

Tom

On Fri, 4 May 2007 16:49:53 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Tom, I tapped into the dryer wall outlet and attached an extra 220 volt
outlet within a few inches of the dryer outlet. I used the more standard
outlet plug set up so that I could run my Planer and Table Saw from that
outlet also. I run a 30' 10-3 extension cord from the outlet to the tool.
This way the dryer stays plugged in all the time and the "Kingdom" runs
smoothly. ;~)