Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default drum sander usage - your preferences

marc rosen wrote in news:1178329554.281772.122900
@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Hello All,
I just acquired a drum sander and was looking over the available grits
and applications in the owners manual. My goal was to use it mostly
for finish sanding with occassional rough sanding or glue line
removal. I have thickness planer too and a sampling of hand held
sanders from over the years. So I guess my question is ; What do you
use you drum sander for and what grit wraps are you using the most?
(My current project is a cherry bed and a dining room table, chairs
to follow).
Thanks in advance for your opinions and suggestions.

Marc

I bought one to do raised panel cabinet doors, and shop cut veneering
projects. Fought with it for 6 weeks, and sold it for 90% of my cash out
of pocket, and smiled. Haven't been tempted again.

YMMV.

Patriarch