Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default 65 gal propane tank: How full?

On May 4, 4:18 pm, "Dan" wrote:
I recently bought a house that has a 65 gallon LPG tank for the stove &
outdoor grill. I'm trying to determine how full it is. It has a pressure
guage that shows about 18 PSI at the moment. Given that the guage goes up
to around 100 psi, I'm guessing this ain't toooo full. Am I right, or can
you tell from the pressure reading?

TIA

Dan

No in theory the pressure is the same if there is any amount of liquid
in the tank...

When the liquid is all gone, the pressure of the remaining gas will
decrease as you use up the remaining gas.

The pressure of the liquid /gas combination will vary with
temperature, but not with the amount of liquid.

Mark