Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Changing house name ( OT).

In message , Andy Hall writes
My father is almost that old. He has.

They have managed to use motor cars and to get onto buses and into
trains as opposed to
requiring horses and carts after all.

She was quite a bit younger when she mastered that!

It's part of the conveyor belt of life. If you think about it, there
aren't any technologies that have not been introduced or developed
(assuming that they are commercially viable) because a section of the
population couldn't use them. It's not an argument not to do them.

I do, however, remember a letter on the letters page of a newspaper when
I was about 15 which asked why we didn't wait until the old people died
off before we went to a decimalised currency

--
geoff