Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Changing house name ( OT).

On 2007-05-04 18:42:30 +0100, Stuart Noble

On 2007-05-04 16:39:39 +0100, Graeme said:

They managed to buy TV sets without any difficulty.

I hardly think that using a television is comparable to using a computer.

Both are sources of information, as is buying a newspaper or a
magazine. They inform and they entertain. There is absolutely no
reason why a computer is not the same other than in people's minds and
because there are people telling them that they can't do things.
They can.

I'd say your general philosophy is slightly to the right of Atilla The Hun.

Hardly.

What a bleak vision you have of the world.

Not at all.

The bleak vision of the world is one where people are not self
sufficient. Quite simply, it doesn't scale. There's nothing worse
than putting people down or making excuses for them.

The Chinese proverb:

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and
you feed him for a lifetime.

I'd take that a step further:

Show him how to learn and he will be able to find out how to fish, feed
himself for a lifetime and do a great deal more besides.