Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Equity in my Land.

On May 3, 2:14 pm, TheEv wrote:
Thank you all for your help.

To be more specific, I'm acting as the owner / builder of my project.
I've actually
hired a ex-builder, who is now out of the business, but wants to come
back into
it as an official builder. I've hired him to oversee the project and
organize contractors
just as an official builder would do, but at a fraction of the cost.

How would this same scenario I've outlined above change as the owner /
builder?

Thanks a lot!

Evan

The scenario is the same. The only issue may be that a lender would
be more comfortable making a loan where someone who is a real general
contractor is in charge. How much they might factor that into making
a loan, I don't know. I'd also have to wonder how anyone is going
to do the GC job at a fraction of the cost of someone else. Like any
other jobs, you'll find a cost range among contractors, but if their
doing it real cheap, I'd wonder what surprises you're in for. I'd be
real sure I checked out the GC thoroughly, because one mistake and the
cheap GC could cost you more than you think you've saved. And I hope
you have a good written contract with the GC.