Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Hot Water Tank

On 3 May 2007 07:13:37 -0700, Harry K wrote:

On May 3, 7:06 am, " wrote:
On May 3, 9:36?am, beverly wrote:

I heard the hot water tank life span is about 16 years is that true

gas or electric? its also very regional.

around here 8 years is doing well.

16 wouldnt happen.

they are realtively cheap dependable appliances.

say 500 bucks installed, last 10 years 50 bucks a year less than one
nice candy bar weekly.

all new tanks are much more energy efficent, so buying new is a good $
saver

Not sure of the exact age, but I replaced my electric one around 20
years ago. It is still going. That reminds me, it is long overdue to
be drained and cleaned.

People here say that if you don't do that frequently, when you do do
it, the crud will clog the valve and you'll never get it closed again.
I have no idea.

Harry K