Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 240 Wall Oven

"Woody2 via HomeKB.com" u30143@uwe wrote in message
news:719f892e16683@uwe...
I just got a electric double wall oven to replace a gas one. I'm told that
it
draws 30 amps by GE
I have a roll of 10/3 wire copper is this suitable. I need to run about
50ft
to the panel and have a spare 30 in the panel. The unit says 120/240v --
120/208v the pigtail on the unit is bx white red black and ground and says
600v -- Confused !
Thanks for any insight

Woody

If the unit draws 30 amps, you need a wire and breaker to handle at least 40
amp. Code is an 85% load actual on a circuit. That 30A breaker will pop
all the time. Sounds like you need to run 8GA and a 40A breaker.