Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default OT Renting a car

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
Here's the deal. Take the insurance. You walk up to the counter, and
turn in the keys. You walk away. It makes it all a simple transaction
for a few bucks more. Anyone who is so cheap should have to endure all
the bull**** that their cheapness brings down on their head.

Steve

Your money, your choice. I'm thousands of dollars ahead. I have good
insurance coverage so I"m not about to give my money to a rental company.
What they charge you for a few days is equal to my total payment for both
my cars for a month.

This is from the Dollar web page
1.. UMP-Uninsured Motorist Protection is now offered at $7.99 per day.
SLI-Supplemental Liability Insurance $12.95 per day.
That comes to $147 plus tax for a week.

For me, it's a deductible travel expense. So, I take it, don't worry about
it, and walk away no matter what happens.

Steve