Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default 240 Wall Oven

On Thu, 03 May 2007 12:27:05 GMT, "Woody2 via HomeKB.com" u30143@uwe
wrote:

I just got a electric double wall oven to replace a gas one. I'm told that it
draws 30 amps by GE
I have a roll of 10/3 wire copper is this suitable. I need to run about 50ft
to the panel and have a spare 30 in the panel. The unit says 120/240v --
120/208v the pigtail on the unit is bx white red black and ground and says
600v -- Confused !
Thanks for any insight

Woody

The 600v in the insulation rating on the wires. This is normal. You
DON'T use it with 600V. The other numbers are what voltages the oven
will actually work on.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com