Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS GregS is offline

Default Making an endoscope

In article , Gary Tait wrote:
"N Cook" wrote in :

Any ideas

Finer fibres maybe. Perhaps even glass ones, not plastic.
Plus better coating to keep them from cross interfering.

I thought myself that plastic would work. I bought a roll of fishing line to experiment.
it does not work at all. Glass or other materials are needed. Also bought some really good
fiber, but it was so expensive I could not get enough coverage. The better fibers are
individually coated. I looked through some light source assemblies, but the fibers don't always form
a correct pattern. You can buy these relatively cheaply, but they are not ideal.

greg