Posted to rec.woodworking
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default Mounting A Ripstrate

On May 3, 2:45 pm, Lew Hodgett wrote:
GROVER wrote:

I have a Ripstrate, a safety device which is mounted to the table saw
fence. It has a pair of spring loaded rubber rollers which pushes the
stock against the fence and a pawl which prevents kickback. Its
essentially a pantagraph mechanism. My fence is the
"Unifence" (3-1/2" high). At that height the rollers do not extend
down to the table.

snip

1) Have you tried using the low profile side of the Unifence extrusion?

2) You can always make a wooden spacer fence that accepts the
Ripstrake mounting and then bolts to the Unifence from some plywood.

Lew

Lew,
I didn't try the low profile side because there was no proper support
for the auxiliary fence. I drilled 5 holes through the tall side and
used dry wall screws to fasten a straight piece of 2" by 4" to the
aluminum. The Ripstrate device is wide enough that part of it extends
past the auxiliary fence and over the unifence. Its an old design
created when most wood workers were probably using Delta's pipe style
fence.
Joe G