Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Bob is offline

Default Forrest Blades

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

He is complaining that they took two days just to give him the status of
his order. That should take no more than two minutes.

Edwin, respectfully, I disagree. Checking the status of an order is the
often the slowest part of customer service, unless you have dedicated staff
with an online lookup system. My experience says that order taking is the
fastest process and getting something shipped is the next. But order status
lookup may take longer than two days from many reputable companies. That
part of the process is not essential in the order to cash process chain and
often marginally staffed. I wouldn't be surprised if his saw blade arrived
the next day before they even had a chance to acknowledge his cancellation.
Forrest is not a huge company and probably doesn't have the staff to respond
quickly. They stay alive by quality product not lightning fast customer
service. I bet they would prefer to deal exclusively through wholesale
channels if they could and get rid of the retail overhead altogether.

All this is academic and laced with opinion and individual experiences. You
are right and I am right - within the realm of our individual experiences.
We all have the voting right with our precious dollars.

Best regards,
Bob