Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default low odour grass composting station: build or buy? links, tips wanted

"bent" wrote in
:

I just happen to be here in the wreck, and was about the open IE and
enter "grass composting forum" , with words like low-odour, etc.

snip

Toronto isn't San Francisco, but here's what I've done:

Part of my back fence is a concrete block wall. I built side slats from
scrap 2x6 PT, old, about 5' wide, and 3' tall. Grass cuttings, trimmings
from the garden and the kitchen, and occasional barrels of woodshop dust
collector trimmings go into the pile. I turn it every three to six weeks,
and empty the bin every spring into the raised beds. Works pretty well. No
obnoxious odor or critters. The hot tub is 15' away, though. ;-)

The dust collector can overwhelm the compost bin, if I let it, so some of
that goes directly to much for weed control or mud/dust coverage.

I am religious about some things, but composting is easier than ignoring
politicians...

Patriarch