Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Simon is offline

Default External render question

Hi there,

I'm plnning to render an external wall. It's concrete block
construction in the main, with 2 courses of brick just under DPC, then
more concrete blocks.

When I render the wall, is it best to stop just before the DPC with a
drip bead, then continue render below the DPC - thereby avoiding
breaching the DPC?

Also I'm planning to complete this work over a number of 2 hour slots
in the evening - how best to split this up - I was thinking dividing
the wall into "strips" and doing one a night, keeping it wet as it's
quite warm outside at the moment.

Also, what's a good mix for this type of coating and to what depth
should I go. Also also just one render or do I build it up in tow
layers?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Simon