Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Party wall dispute - who pays?

In article ,
PL wrote:
I'm planning a loft conversion. It will require two steel joists
across the party walls of our terraced house. I've given the
neighbours party wall act letters and it's not going smoothly!

Why don't you 'turn the steels round' and span them front to back rather
than side to side, and avoid the party wall work?

Are you going to totally alter the roof too as these will often be purlins?
Also most houses are narrower side to side than front to back.

If they span side to
side, how do you expect to get them in?

You joint them or more commonly cut grooves to the padstones.

--
*The more I learn about women, the more I love my car

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.