Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Replacement battery for an alarm system in Markham, Ontario?

On May 3, 6:00Â*am, Lawrence wrote:
On May 2, 9:09Â*pm, "Alex O." wrote:

Hello,

I have a central alarm system and the backup battery got bad.
(the one I have now is E1250, a 12v 5ah sealed lead-acid)

Does anyone know who sells them in Markham, Ontario (Canada)?

Thanks.

Â*Battery Plus

Markville Shopping Centre Â*•¬ map
5000 Highway 7, Unit 321A
Markham, Ontario
L3R 4M9

Telephone Number: Â*905-415-3962

E-mail Address: Â* unavailable

Web Site: Â*www.batteryplus.com

Commnents: Small motorcycle battery would probably be OK but cost
spacing and whether the built in charger would be suitable should be
checked!

How old was the battery? In light indoor service like that, where it
is basically kept 'floating' at full charge, until an emergency
occurs, one might think it should last for many years? Our hard used
winter and summer 1995 Japanese truck battery is now 12 years old and
although has reduced capacity due to age works OK down to temperatures
of minus 10 Celsius = about 12 degrees Fahrenheit.

BTW why did the battery fail? Age? Over-charging? Not charging at all?
Excessive heat? Power from AC supply failed, battery got discharged
and then was not recharged promptly? Etc. Other wise a new one may go
the same way?

A few thoughts anyway.