Posted to misc.consumers.house
R Kannan R Kannan is offline

Default Water dispenser leak in new fridge - Normal?

wrote:

On May 1, 2:57 pm, R Kannan wrote:
Hi,

We had a new Whirlpool side-by-side fridge with ice/water dispenser
delivered to our home yesterday. When I connected the water supply, I
found that the water dispenser was leaking after using. I shutoff the
water supply. When I called the whirlpool hotline, the operator said that
this is normal in a new fridge because of air bubbles. She wanted the
water to flow through for at least 3 mins before checking for leaks? Any
truth to this statement?

TIA for any help

Wait three minutes. Call them back.

Apparently the dispenser was sticky. After using it a couple of times and
draining some water through the system, it is fine now,