Posted to alt.home.repair
cmiles3 cmiles3 is offline

Default sewer easement

On Apr 30, 5:10 pm, "Pete Peterson" wrote:
Thinking about having city sewer run to my house. currently it is 2 lots
away. The city engineer said I needed to get easements to get pipe run. I
obviously have never done this before. If they run the pipe along the road
to my house it will be in the right of way. Seems I wouldn't need easement
if the city already had jurisdiction from the right of way. Anybody been
through this? Any ideas welcomed. TIA

You should consult an attorney who deals in real estate. Depending on
your state's laws, your neighbors could encur a sewage bill from the
city just by having the line on their property, even if they're not
connected. You may be able to find the legal forms on a website that
are valid for your city, but maybe not.