Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Sprinklers-In Ground Problem

Hello.

I noticed today that water was not coming out full force out of a
sprinkler head, and that it appears that water is coming up from the
ground surrounding the sprinkler head.

I'd like to try and repair this myself. If it's a matter of a line
connection to the sprinkler, or the sprinkler is cracked or damaged
where water is coming out the side or anything like that, I can probably
take a shot a fixing it.

I don't really know anything about these heads other than how to adjust
them. For the record, they are Hunter G-Type gear driven sprinklers.

These are probably 15 years old, and I never had any problems before.
Do they crack, wear out or break on their own?

How long should they last? Do they have a definite lifespan, and should
I be thinking of replacing them all (we have 6 zones and 24 heads).

From what I mentioned above, any ideas as to what is the problem?

Thanks.

Steve