Posted to alt.home.repair
thehick thehick is offline

Default Grease around Stove (Impossible to Remove)

On May 2, 8:30 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article om, thehick wrote:
I am cleaning up a rental (you know what that means) apartment
and the grease on the walls around the stove is proving very
difficult to remove. Tried: Baking Soda, TSP, Dishwashing
Detergent, Bleach, WD40, Lysol, Spray Nine. Tomorrow I'll
try Dunk (automotive degreaser). It just isn't coming off.
Any other suggestions? thanks...thehick

Washing soda. Not baking soda, washing soda. Available in many grocery stores
on the same aisle as laundry detergent. When you find the "20-Mule Team
Borax", you're getting close.

I understand. Tomorrow. Today I tried full-strength Dunk
which usually cleans my engine pretty well. No effect
on the greasy walls! I checked Rona and Walmart and couldn't
find any lye. Got some oven cleaner. Tomorrow I'll go
to Sam's Club and check their cleaning aisle. Gonna look
for Washing Soda and something-hydroxide.
thanks to all for bearing with me on this mission...thehick