Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Builder put window in wrong place

On 1 May 2007 13:26:09 -0700, dpb wrote:

Oren wrote:
On 1 May 2007 12:17:22 -0700, dpb wrote:

On May 1, 2:02 pm, Oren wrote:
I have a nickel to say the buyer and buyer agent likely have a long
term contract.

If you meant to type "builder and buyer's agent" then I'm in full
agreement it is almost certainly true there is, at least, some
arrangement by which the buyer's agent gets some compensation from the
builder/builder's agent.

What I meant was the buyer has her agent.

I don't understand what that means with that combination of words in
sequence...

I think there's an above- (or maybe below-) board relationship between
the two agents that isn't fully obvious to the buyer. OP already
stated there are two agents involved, one obviously representing the
builder, the other purportedly representing the buyer -- what isn't
clear is the arrangement between the two, if any.

I tend to use the term "agent" and "Realtor" to mean the same
sometimes, and maybe I shouldn't.

I bought a home from a builder in '95 using a Realtor. We visited the
models and sales office. The builder used commissioned sales "agents"
and not real estate agents.

From the point of view from the builder; my Realtor, might be
referred to as the "buyers agent".

I don't know why a builder would use a Realtor vs Sales Office.

Did I confuse us enough?

--
Oren