Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT Renting a car

On Wed, 2 May 2007 13:57:34 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

I could see where someone might rent a supposedly non-smoking
car, get in and there's a little smoke stench and they say Give me a
different
car. I can't really blame the car rental people for taking out the lighter.
Still, to take out the fuse, that does seem to be going a little far.

I wouldn't be surprised if smokers carry the removeable part of a
cigarette lighter. Heck they may start carrying the fuse too.

I don't travel that much, and I also stay whereever I find a motel
along the road. I keep a list or look for a nice one. The most
important thing is that the windows should open. So I've gotten to
taking with me a little clock-radio, and I'm thinking I should take a
universal remote for the tv. And a copy of the tv-section from my
local paper, which will have all the network programs if not the local
ones. Easiest would be the Sunday tv schedule for the week.

I carry an enormous variety of things in my own car, including plates,
flatware, and especially salt and pepper.

One time, about 6PM in the summer, my car stalled and woulnd't start
between 6th and 7th on 47th street in NYC, and I didn't want to wear
good shoes while I crawled under the car, so I went barefoot for an
hour while I worked on the car. The street was nice and I didn't even
scratch my feet. But since then I carry a really old pair of sneakers.

nancy