Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT Renting a car

On 2 May 2007 08:49:59 -0700, runsrealfast
wrote:

On May 2, 9:23 am, Goedjn wrote:
On Tue, 1 May 2007 16:38:08 -0700, "Dave Bugg"
wrote:

mm wrote:
OT renting a car.

A friend just came back from Florida where she rented a car but took
none of the extras offerred.

The rental guy tried to sell her INSURANCE but she said she was
covered by her own insurance, but he said not for LOSS OF USE. What
does that mean, she can't use the rental car! Don't they just give
you another one if you break the first one?

It means that, if she has an accident or a mechanical breakdown, she will be
charged for the time that the car is being repaired or replaced. Most credit
cards cover this as part of their insurance when used to rent a car.

Hah... If I have a mechanical breakdown, I'm thinking that the rental
company should be compensating me, not the other way around.

Unfortunately they don't see it that way. They see it as you broke
it.

What! Seriously? If true, I know that is new.