Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT Renting a car

On Wed, 2 May 2007 07:20:27 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

"mm" wrote

Very funny. I don't smoke, never have, but I didn't like it when I
heard they were taking the lighters out of some new cars. Like they
won't even sell a car to a smoker. Big Brother telling people what to
do.

Nothing to do with Big Brother. If you've ever rented a car after
a heavy smoker, you know it's all about people ruining cars. The
car rental company has a right to protect its investment.

That makes sense. But I would think Jeff is right, that they'll use
the same lighter they use when they're walking down the street and
don't have a car with a cigarette lighter under them.

Surely only the most disorganized smoker goes out without a lighter,
and if he does, he can buy one or get matches at a 7-11.

Do the car companies try to penalize someone who smokes in their cars?
What if I rent a car and have to give my boss a ride and he smokes?
Would I have to stop him or pay for it afterwards?

nancy