Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT Renting a car

On 2 May 2007 06:27:52 -0700, wrote:

Just to clarify one thing. All the rental companies that offer
buying a full tank of gas
upfront that I have dealt with offer this at a price that is either
average or sometimes
better than you can get at gas stations near the airport.

OK, but I think you said that if you will only need a half tank at the
end of your rental, it's not a good idea to buy a full tank in
advance.

If you choose not to take
the offer and return the car partly empty, then they charge a much
higher rate for gas.

Aha! I didn't realize there were two prices from the same place.
Thanks for clarifying that.

I always take the tank of gas upfront option if I'm pretty sure I'll
be driving enough to use up
close to a tank or more of gas.

But what if you use 20 and 1/8 tankfuls. Don't they charge you for a
whole tankful even though you only need 1/8th? If not, I'm still
confused. If yes, it seems like a very bad deal, even if they do
charge an average or low rate per gallon.

Then, you just bring it back close
to empty, don't have
to refuel at the end, and got a good price for the gas. If I'm only
going to drive less, then I refuel before the airport.