Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default How do I remove weather stripping caulk without damaging the paint?

On 1 May 2007 20:42:12 -0700, Lawrence wrote:

On May 1, 6:49 pm, "TC" wrote:
I had a topper on my truck and the company that installed it used
weather stripping and black caulk. How do I get this caulk off without
damaging my paint?

--

Very carefully. Seriously, whatever was used will probably not damage
your paint. Spray it with wd-40 at one end. Use a scraper to get

I'd use a plastic putty knife, as opposed to a windshield scraper.
I dunno which lwhaley meant. Also, if what you try leaves bits
behind, you can probably scrub the residue off with a rubber eraser.