Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Exciting times ahead.

wrote:
On May 1, 8:04 pm, Robatoy wrote:

SNIP

Just the other day, I received an e-mail and a fax of the

drawings to quote on a job.
Just an L-shaped counter with an island. A nice mid-sized gig for me.
The e-mail specifically asked me for my "best price."

Why do the do that?

snip

Cuz it gets rid of the riff-raff.

Had a distributor that was asked to bid an annual contract by a
company that was owned by G Steinbrenner.

After bid was submitted, buyer called to ask if "this was your best
price?"

Distributor answered, "Sounds like you are asking us to look at our
bid, consider it raised by 10%."

"The confirmation is in the mail", and he hung up the phone.

Distributor ultimately got the order.

This company was know as an outfit that would whore a price trying to
pit suppliers against each other.

Just the kind of customer you like to stick it in and break it off.

Life is too short for that crap.

Lew