Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Making garden pond heron-proof

La Puce wrote:
On 2 May, 10:49, Tony Williams wrote:
I was working, looking out of an upstairs window one
day, and noticed that next door had bought a rather
nice heron statue, standing just by their fishpool.
In fact it was a real heron which had just taken all
the 19 fish in there, some of them quite large.

Same here happened yesterday! I was taking pictures of the kids
playing outside and suddenly one of the kids yelled pointing his
finger at the roof opposite our street. This huge heron stood there. I
first thought that it wasn't real, but it was. It later plundged into
the garden below and disappeared. We are 1 1/4 mile from Manchester
city centre. It's really reassuring seeing herons around here which
tells us that the environment must be getting just right for them and
therefore for us. Unless off course there was some nice koy carps in
the pond below ...

http://cjoint.com/?fcvZkZCm1F

That's scarey!!
--