Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave Sacramento Dave is offline

Default Home plumbing: Copper VS plastic-type pipes

"The Space Boss" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was talking to a plumber and he told me that new houses being built
no longer use copper plumbing. In fact, he told me that the "plastic
type" pipes (I forget what the material actually is) is actually
superior to copper.

Is this true? It seems to me that copper would stand up better against
the elements "freezing, etc" than Plastic would.

Please advise.

I some cases plastic or the garden hose type PEX is superior due to soil
conditions copper will deteriorate. Butt 99% of the time copper is best plus
rodents can not chew threw it, witch has happened . Copper prices arte
extremely high, the plastic type pipeing system are all about saving Money
& time for you and the contractor. PRICE , QUALITY, TIME any two not all
three.