Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Grease around Stove (Impossible to Remove)

In article om, thehick wrote:
I am cleaning up a rental (you know what that means) apartment
and the grease on the walls around the stove is proving very
difficult to remove. Tried: Baking Soda, TSP, Dishwashing
Detergent, Bleach, WD40, Lysol, Spray Nine. Tomorrow I'll
try Dunk (automotive degreaser). It just isn't coming off.

Any other suggestions? thanks...thehick

Washing soda. Not baking soda, washing soda. Available in many grocery stores
on the same aisle as laundry detergent. When you find the "20-Mule Team
Borax", you're getting close.

Mix a cup or two of it into a gallon of warm water, and start scrubbing.

It's nearly as effective a degreaser as lye, but nowhere nearly as dangerous.
Just the same, wear rubber gloves and goggles. You don't want to splash the
stuff in your eyes, and without gloves you will soon know the *exact* location
of every tiny nick, cut, hangnail, or splinter on your fingers and hands.

--
Regards,