Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default When and how to coat concrete driveway

Ook wrote:
We finally got out driveway finished! Woohoo! soo...I'm looking for
info on coating it. What kinds of coatings are available? I'm mostly
interesting in prolonging the life of the driveway. I've seen concrete
here partially exposed to the rain, and the part exposed to the rain
eventually erodes. I'd like to prevent that if possible.

How long after pouring the concrete do I have to wait before coating
it? I've not found a lot of information on this subject, any good
sites or resources that you would recommend?

I would not bother with anything unless you live in a snow area where
salt can be a problem. If that is the case I would wait until fall and then
use a water repellent type product to keep the salt out of the concrete.
Salt is most damaging to fresh concrete so you are lucky yours will have
time to cure well before winter. Sealers can help.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit